THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

ELIZA R. SNOW - HOW THE EVERLASTING HILLS SHALL TREMBLE

Alot of the time we just get things line upon line, here a little, there a little on this fascinating journey we call life. The more our faith increases - and our ability to assimilate what we are given grows - the faster it comes. When we say, "It is enough", the drought of knowledge and revelatory silence can be deafening. Just try it sometime (not!).

When I was at my Dad's last spring following my wife's g-ma's funeral, and I mentioned something about this mystifying Eliza R. Snow hymn from an old hymnal I had read about. My Dad's wife ran off and came out later toting this 1895 Hymnal. It took us an hour to go thru it (no index) and I found the jewel which I had been seeking for many a year. I was nearly jumping up and down - I had sourced this mysterious hymn where one of the Prophet's wives (who I am sure regularly shared pillow talk - and was actually capable of comprehending what he had to say) wrote the truth about our planet's past and its future. This is one of the greatest mysteries that nails down what the heck happened to the ten tribes. It also nails down so many details of this earth's history that modern science is just in the nascent stages of comprehending. Enjoy!



CLICK TO ENLARGE

I pretty much idolize this woman - excellent enough that she could hang with Joseph through anything. Most people could not take the mind-bending stuff he was exposed to and of all the things he yearned for in this life - was to have someone that could hang with him and go where he could go without having to throttle back or water it down. He had so much meat to share having had the visions of the eternities opened to him - and most were content to handle just skim milk, or less.

I have two daughters who were named after her (Eliza Suzanne and Annelise). I hope to be able to spotlight more of Eliza's stuff as time goes on.

Here is a great post that I ran into that is a synopsis of her life:

ELIZA ROXCY SNOW

4 comments:

  1. Nice, we are giving our first daughter (fourth child) Eliza's middle name for our daughter's middle name...Roxcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just wondering if this is in the Hymn Book if not it should be and we should be singing it on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the hymn have a title in that book? Or is it just called by its first line?

    ReplyDelete