THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

FATE OF THE PERSECUTORS OF THE PROPHET JOSEPH SMITH

This is one of my now-favorite topics - that if you get me started on, will not easily get me off of. I have always been fascinated with happens to wicked people, who for one reason, or another, decide to harrass or even murder the servants of God - or even the Son of God himself.

Somehow, people in their deluded minds think that they can halt the work of God by taking the life of a hallowed servant. Usually, in so doing they actually propel the work forward. Such is the folly of the devil and his short-sighted minions. From the enticement of the fruit in the Garden of Eden to the crucifixion of Jesus himself, the plan of Salvation was played right into with each act.

Almost with precise clockwork, backfirings and miscues by the adversary and associated ilk are leading God's people right along to their final destiny to usher in the millenial reign of peace and joy in a world free of sin and where "none can molest or make afraid".

I had a group of rabblerousers (self-proclaimed hedonists) on the bus I ride mention that they would gladly take the life of Joseph Smith if given the opportunity again. That led me to point out that they had the same lying and murderous spirit that the people that murdered Jesus had and I talked about Josephus, a contemporary Romanized Jewish historian that witnessed the deconstruction of Jewish society in 69-71 AD. One of them mentioned that her son liked Josephus and I was able to get a book about Josephus from her. It was very telling of the final days of that group of people. It was prophesied by the Savior that the temple would be destroyed within one generation of his own crucifixion. Just under 40 years later, wham - it was over.

The reason that I point out the utter destruction in Jesus' day is that Joseph Smith made a similar prophecy about those who had destroyed the homes of the Saints and driven them out of their homes and taken the land/possessions by force - THE SAME THING WOULD BE DONE TO THEM: (EXACT QUOTE TO FOLLOW)

There is ample info out there on " ORDER #10 AND #11 " that was carried out by the Union troops against the guerrilla's fighting just inside the western border of Missouri, the same place where the Saints had been driven from just 20 years earlier.

Note the pics in the following link how it is exactly as it is described by the early Saints (not so much as a chimney standing in an attempt to drive the Lord's people out):

MISSOURI BORDER WAR (DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU....)

MUCH, MUCH MORE TO FOLLOW LATER....

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm so glad you guys have a blog! We love blogging! Its funny you're loving the subject lately, Jason and I were just talking about this the other day after finding an old book about the fates of the persecutors of Joseph Smith! He loves that book too! Its one of his favorites! I guess I need to read it!! I can't believe how big your kids are! Camylle's blog! I remember holding her at her blessing! Wow! Do you mind if I put your link on my page so I can see when you guys post? Its so fun to get on and see who has posted new stuff!

    ReplyDelete