THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

PREACHING THE GOSPEL TO THE NATIONS AND THE COMING OF THE LORD

I cannot count the number of people who say that the Lord will not come until the gospel has been preached to every nation.  They are laboring under a nuance of false doctrine that I want to set straight once and for all.  This ties into my previous post that there are several "phases" of the Second Coming and that it is NOT a single event.

When Christ comes (to Jerusalem), we have it that the Jews will not be converted until that day.   This implies that not all nations have received the gospel - as the Jews will not get it until after Christ actually shows up - therefore, it never was talking about "all nations" having had it BEFORE that point.  Upon seeing that the Messiah came in an unforgettable and powerful manner, the tribes that have sought destruction of Israel such as the Muslim nations, will finally have no excuse and will come worship the Messiah in Jerusalem and throw away their former foolish notions.

It is from that time forth (after Israel and the Americas are brought low - and the 10 tribes return from the North) that 12,000 high priests will then be chosen from each tribe and the work will begin in earnest - much as Spencer has outlined it in Visions of Glory.  This is when the work really takes off - like nothing we have seen up until that point.  This is when the "heathen" nations (such as China) will have their chance after they have had the chance to afflict and torment and humble God's chosen people in America and Israel.  Then they will have their turn for just over 21 years, and then the end (of the world, as we know it) comes.  It is for this reason that there will be this period of "silence" in the heavens - in order that this critical work can take place before the final judgment of the earth and the end comes.

If I am wrong on this one, I will boil my hat and eat it.  There is no other way to logically reconcile all the things that have been said and what the Spirit has borne witness to me of.

2 comments:

  1. I agree in this could easily happen in phases - you could also ask if the middle east has already been taught the gospel when the original 12 did missionary work. Also China currently IS open through Hong Kong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of the references to the Last Days reference the Middle Easterners as the Heathen Nations, the ones who oppose Israel at the end. The heathen nations will be left until the Millenium as well. I don't have my book with me, so I don't have a reference to add to this.

    ReplyDelete