THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, May 11, 2013

GETTING DISTRACTED FROM THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE

Folks, distractions can be fatal.

I was at the gym today and find that I can barely stand all the distractions around me.  Televisions blaring out the latest scores and analyzing the every move of professional athletes as they do their craft.  Don't get me wrong, I think its amazing what many people can do when they train and excel in their craft.  But, in the end, what is it really all about?  Is not all that stuff just a massive distraction keeping us from learning something that really adds value to our lives - or the lives of others?  I used to watch Sunday football and spend hours of wasted time at that.  I learned nothing - walked away with nothing but wasted hours.  Same thing with sitcoms and the usual tv programming.  Most of the sports are on Sundays and many are pulled away from more important things.  That day  has been completely desecrated by sports. 

I was reading today in Visions of Glory about how all communications (smart phones), computers (my beloved internet!), the internet itself, television, etc will be destroyed and come to naught as a whole new way of thinking and acting become reality as the Millennium is ushered in.  It will be incredibly difficult for many as our telestial constructs are broken down to simplify our lives and help us to truly become dependent on the Lord - not on things/possessions/titles, etc.

Do not become distracted - it can be fleeting and may prove deadly as illustrated in this video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDIzMGh94vo&feature=player_detailpage

No comments:

Post a Comment