THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

A THOUGHTFUL (NON-APOSTATE) POST ON LDSFF ON THE RESTORATION OF ALL THINGS AFTER THE CLEANSING

This has merit:

In talking with my spouse on this subject one area we have felt strongly about is that this could be a component of the cleansing. What was openly accepted as doctrine to be lived (not just plurality of wives) has been tossed out in favor of gaining acceptance from society and the world of men. I believe that many things that once were again will be as a test to our faith. This could be a part of it. As parents we may be called upon to lead our children in example, or to encourage them to participate in things that have not been practiced for some time. If I am in my 60's, my son or daughter in their 30's may be required or offered the opportunity to live this principal. Will we be strong enough to love them when they choose to live a principal that we do not understand? A principal that we might have reservations on, but they who are younger are more willing to accept.

Only a limited number of churches in the US practiced polygamy when Joseph Smith reintroduced plurality of wives. Largely because of the persecution that the saints faced the majority of those churches stopped the practice, not wanting to be confused or lumped in with Latter Day Saints.

One of my former stake presidents gave a lengthy discourse on this subject quite some time back to the priesthood holders. At first many were aghast that he would speak so positively of this doctrine. [I feel that most people in the church try and confuse lifestyle with doctrine.] He was not advocating it in any way for this day and time, however one thing I took away from that discourse was the instruction that the same love we have for our spouse should be the same love/ charity that we have for Christ. If we are to love all me as we do the Lord then it only stands to reason that if we are able to separate the physical nature from the spiritual that we should be able to reach a point in our lives were we can obtain a love for multiple individuals at the same level.

Over the years, and I won't go into it here, I have come to gain a very powerful testimony of how important it is to let other people into our lives. the whole point of the gospel being to bring souls unto Christ. While we have been instructed to live monogamous relationships for now think how much harm we are doing ourselves and others by drawing a line in the sand and stating we will not allow others near us or our loved ones. Many grow cold in their hearts and their testimonies because they fail to keep their heart open to those around them. I have often wondered if plurality of wives was a tool to help men in particular be less selfish. Instead of spending time in worldly pursuits the time would have to go towards meeting the needs of others. At a higher level all of the single mothers on welfare, all of the children raised with no father in the home and no priesthood in their lives, would have the chance to be adopted into the covenant and join a home were they are cherished and care for. So many are left out in the 'emotional cold' to suffer on their own because we have closed out hearts to offering them our home as their own.

Having served in Iraq and lived in other Islamic countries I rejoice every time I hear that our brothers and sisters of Esau are coming to the truth and are again hearing their fathers voice. But I am deeply saddened when I here the stories of husbands abandoning and divorcing their wives so that they can be baptized into the church. Just as many of African descent waited patiently until the priesthood was restored to all men, I think it would be best for these brothers and sisters to wait patiently until such time that God reveals to his prophet that it is time to re-institute this principle for the benefit of all men and women.

As others stated above I also feel it will be restored during a time of calamity, both to the nation and to the members of the church as a whole. Thus it would occur as a part of the cleansing.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I had never thought of that scenario as being a reason for polygamy, but, I can see how that could be [a] reason. You are right, many men spend more time in selfish pursuits than spending time with and serving their families and others. Mind you now, I realize that not every male behaves this way, but, you truly do have to use your time wisely, with great care towards others and serving the hearts of "all" in your family when you live in a pleural lifestyle. In lieu of that, there would be far less time for that which cannot save; like television, sports, hanging out etc. What I do know is that being a single mom was difficult at best. My husband leaving me, his wife, and children for worldly pursuits turned my world completely upside down. Belonging to no one, not having that binding covenant is absolutely heart breaking. All I can do is hang onto the promise of my Father in Heaven that if I stand faithful until the end, no blessing will be withheld from me. So, when you are in my position, pleural families are not so difficult to understand, or appreciate.

    ReplyDelete