THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, April 10, 2022

MISSED NOTES AND HIGHER PAYGRADES

 I am often critical of those in the DoC movement, Snuffer movement and others who are critical of those who have made mistakes in the past as leaders etc.  Pretty much throwing Brother Brigham under the bus, etc.  Even our current prophet.  While I am NOT happy with the whole jab scenario and basically telling me to get over it in Conference (I still have not gotten completely over abuse by a family member who refuses to acknowledge the event which threw more salt on that old wound), he still holds the keys and has hopefully done enough good to overshadow the ill that has been brought upon us.  I think most of us would have trusted him simply because he was a doctor prior to his entry into the apostleship.  If he were just a bumbling idiot (never had a biology class in my life) like me, it would have been so much easier for me to accept his mistakes.  So I have had to really suck it up - probably the most I have ever had to on any one thing in my life, other than dealing with the loss of my kid.

However, those who have to make the calls are well above my paygrade in most things, so my irritation should not be warranted necessarily.  Today at church that lesson was driven home with me.  We have a new Chorister/Organist today.  The very first hymn she played was kind of a train wreck until she got into her groove.  I remember being a little irritated at the missed notes on the scale as well as the duration which caused the entire congregation to go into chaos for the first few bars.  I was thinking to myself some not pleasant thoughts and then I looked at the notes of this difficult hymn and put it all in perspective.  There was no WAY I could have played that hymn.  On the piano, let alone on an organ.  This lady was well above my skillz - so I was in NO position to criticize her.  My stance softened and I began to enjoy the process of her getting over her jitters of playing for a full house of people.  I then began to sing more loudly to cover for her missed notes here and there.

I think the same needs to be applied in this other instance.  Criticizing people above my paygrade is really silly.

I could never start a church from scratch and inspire tens of thousands and then millions to follow suit.  Or to take those tens of thousands across the plains and build an empire in the desert.  Just not even close to possible to do with me.  I likely could not have inspired a massive army of young men and women to go and spread the good word.  Just not possible.  So, like that fumbling organist, I need to put things in perspective going forward.  I can say that she was not as good as the last seasoned organist (make relative value judgments about her), but I cannot be critical of her in any way until I am of that paygrade or above her by quite a bit.  It simply is arrogant and shows lack of humility in me, if I were to do so.  This is the essence of charity and humility.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post mate! I too agree with what you said. Sometimes, well often, we should eat a healthy portion of humble pie and acknowledge we are all just learning in a messed up world… Thanks for posting brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revelations were explained to me from a very high level individual was a combination of inspiration and perspiration. Sometimes your directed and sometimes you are lead by local events in your life. We learn this just last week that Moses was give the power over water in his calling (Moses 1) when he was cornered he could have had a small remembrance of his calling and parted the water.

    In the same way the leadership are victims of their own happenstance. Just a few years ago I remember them talking about the new conference room with screens for each on them and monitoring data and current events. This in my opinion is awesome, but who and what decides the data? In intelligence work you must respect all data points or you will miss signs and changes in the real world (ask the Russians about their Intel on Ukraine).

    Here is my dig we know the middle managers are semi-gadiantons and woke. The 12 receives data through these filters and might not realize it. Also many are doctors they trust the other Dr's maybe to a fault. They are also from a generation that will trust news sources (imagine if they only watch MSNBC and CNN). We know many of them lean to the democrat side of the isle.

    These are my paradigms and what I see. But, when we see this on a Intel Ops it can be very persuasive and can be tough to distinguish between that still small voice and the flood of wokeizm coming from the office building. According to commercials the USA is 90% gay and all in bi racial marriages if married at all. I give them slack with I see info coming from them a woke background, it is part of a plan and I will stay strong and close the the Lord.

    ReplyDelete