THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, April 25, 2022

BRIGHAM YOUNG WAS NOT A RACIST - AND TEMPLES BEING TOO SMALL FOR THE LAST ONES ACROSS THE FINISH LINE

So, out of every firefight comes a realization.  Every struggle produces a good result, if one is patient.  This one was huge for me.  In fact, it was the biggest win I have gotten so far in what has become quite the war of words.  So much so, that my wife even proclaimed it a major mental machination victory.  Probably one of my best so far.  

My first major victory was when I was tracting and we ran into a black couple in Anaheim, CA who were golden beyond belief.  Both professionals - he was a lawyer and she was a doctor.  They had read the Book of Mormon on their own and gained a testimony of the Restoration.  They were fine with all of the teaching points including tithing which hung up many with some form of wealth.  BUT, there was the whole blacks and the Priesthood thingy.  I was anguished and went away from our evening discussion grieving that I did not have a good answer for their assumptions that the Church was racist.  Specifically, Brother Brigham.  I pored over the scriptures and did not get relief right away.  I was trying to get them something other than defeat at the hands of those who were calling us out in the anti-Mo literature that this black couple had come across.  I had one week before I was to answer to them.  Almost to the end of the line, I was pondering and it just popped into my head.  The Samaritans!  The Gospel was not to be preached to them until it was their time along with the rest of the Gentiles.  I knew Jesus was not some kind of racist, though I could not prove Brigham was not (that did not come until now - thanks Trisha J!).  I could argue with them until I was blue in the face, but they seemed genuinely offended by the 1978 thing that had occurred just 10 years prior to us meeting them.  So, when we met again, the first question I asked them was whether they believed Jesus was a racist.  They of course answered no (since the Book of Mormon clearly had the Savior coming to a dark-skinned people who, at the time, were more righteous than the fair-skinned ones).  I led them through the logical fallacy and I am not sure what happened to them since I was headed to Brazil a little while later when my visa finally came through.

See, the crux for most anti-Brighamites (who are really not mad at anything to do with racism - but more than likely they seeth with rage over polygamy if they a raging feminist) is that he was a racist (for cutting off the blacks from the higher Priesthood), therefore he is a (warning; snarky comments ahead):

  • usurper
  • a nasty polygamist along with the likes of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (who were all really bad dudes for having engaged in the act and) whose world history of them being saved from breathtakingly awesome things like Hitler, WWI, restoration of Israel, miraculous war outcome of 1967 and 1973 were all just concidences because God hates them because they are perverted sickos who dared engage in such lustful acts and God saw fit to have them wiped off the historical record like so many other perverted groups in world history.
  • murderer or co-conspirator with John Taylor (another rascally polygamist, etc)
  • a liar and charlatan
  • an all around general bad dude... and being such, we will throw in the ordering of the MMM on his shoulders just for good measure.  This will make the poo fling complete....
As such, we must look past anything good he may have said or done because clearly he was a satanic individual, therefore we can throw out the baby with the bathwater.  This will include most of the temple ordinances including any references in the NT or pre-Christian era rites associated with the Egyptians and groups located near the Dead Sea.  Yep, the DoC folks are on a great roll along with the reincarnated "leader" that is taking them down this primrose path to a Jim Jonesian-like end.  Sounds just fantastic!  I actually prefer the cherry kool-aid; can I get it in that flavor or is it always grape?  And does this higher knowledge come with having to bury the kiddos in the back yard, Daybellian style?

Yep, so glad that this true leader is actually fulfilling the role that Jesus outlined in the NT of taking the Gospel, or Good News, to every nation, kindred tongue and people before the end comes....  So glad he is busy turning the hearts of the fathers to the children, etc since that was the last directive given in the OT.  So much good going on there!  This guy is AMAZING....  Clearly, his works follow him (down to hell, at least)....  Same with Ed Decker, etc.  The m.o. is always the same.  I recognized it when Snuffer came on the scene.  I have recognized it with every charlatan that happens along and I love shooting holes in the BS.

So, if Brigham or God or Jesus are racists because they held back the higher Priesthood from the blacks, like so many hating black hearts out there, we have one little detail that must be covered up or conveniently ignored and that is that the last ones across that "higher Priesthood finish line" actually are not the blacks - but some of the original Covenant People;  the Ten Tribes.  See, this is where it gets messy, folks.  The very "racist" and his predecessor that he "had killed", both taught this doctrine.  The Ten Tribes get it after they are brought out of the North Countries where they were driven when they were rebellious.  So, we have a paradox here.  The logic is not holding up.  Maybe, just maybe, we need to turn the doctrinal musket on Joseph and cannibalize him for being a racist of the House of Israel kind.  You know, nazi kind of stuff....  After all, he clearly was hating on those rascally Ten Tribes who were not deserving of God's love until the last minute before the Second Coming.  Maybe it was Jesus - who clearly showed early signs of racism with those Samaritan-types who were half-breeds (Jews and disgusting non-Jews); oh wait, I got my racism backwards.  Wait, Jesus was a Semite, anti-Semite?!?  I am so confused.  I have my racism wrong.  What?!?  Maybe God is a racist?  Wait!  What?!?  

Oh.  Maybe it is just me and I am screwed up?!?  Okay, as a DoCer, now maybe it is me that has my head screwed on wrong?

Okay.  Maybe that is it....  

Snarky commentary off.  I just confirmed a rumor yesterday that the Cardston Temple will be shut down for quite some time (not just a portion of it) due to some heavy construction on it.  It is a smallish temple.  The stair cases barely accomodate someone my size on them.  It will not be possible to easily change stuff like that.  However, most of the Legacy temples (anything prior to the 1950's) have what I call pockets above the doors.  These can easily be moved and reconfigured to fit 9 or 10' tall doors for a much larger people.  I will watch anxiously as this retrofit goes along to see if that will be part of the plan.  We have a much larger people who will come through here and they will bring their superior technology with them to help us defeat the one-world schmucks who have beseiged us.  The entire world will be united against the people of God and not a single weapon raised against us will succeed.  In the mean time, those gentle giants from the north will receive the higher Priesthood from their stunted cousins.

I highly doubt that the return of the lost tribes will go down to Provo to meet our "reincarnated" buddy from the DoC.  According to Joseph (pre-1834), they will come a place called the NJ with a temple in the center of it.  Gee, I wonder what they will be doing in that temple?  Will they be renting it out for conventions like the Community of Christ (former RLDS) does with theirs?  I mean, they rejected polygamy - so it has to be all good, does it not?  Dang it!  Maybe, just maybe the date will have to be pulled back to 1829 after the Book of Mormon was published in order to logically accommodate the DoC BS.  Maybe 1820 is the next stop?  And where does it end?  Likely, in hell with those doctrinal seductresses who helped get you there?  Likely.

Don't fall for the BS.  It does not pass the smell test.

No comments:

Post a Comment