THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, October 2, 2022

THE PROBLEM WITH FLINGING THE POO - HOW THE ANTI'S MAKE ARGUING THEIR TALKING POINTS IMPOSSIBLE

 So, I was talking about some of my favorite anti's and talking strategies that they use to shoot down faith and to create doubt in their listeners.  I have studied the anti crowd for decades now.  Probably for the last 30 years since one attempted a takedown on my wife with the lies about sexual improprieties of Joseph Smith.  I took it personally just as I would if someone attempted to break into my house to do physical harm to my loved ones.  But, this is MUCH more serious - personal salvation (and salvation of a couple) is no joke and something not to be trifled with.  The consequences are REAL.

Here is one of their greatest tools: make an allegation against someone that is neither provable, nor disprovable.  Then attempt to get your opponent (person of faith) to prove you wrong.  When they are stumped and cannot do it, then you appeal to their sense of vanity or another emotion and then pull them in.

For example, this system was reversed by the anti crowd with the shaht mess.  Already, people were confused and seeking answers (dis-bonded from a leader - picture the lone lamb wandering off after it's mother nipped it for suckling too much) when President Nelson told them what appeared to be something contradictory from their knows experience - that the jab was bad.  The first thing the anti's did was to mis-quote President Nelson; he appeared to have gotten the jab, but he said that we need to hear Him and receive our own witness and that without that, we would not be able to abide the challenges that were looming.

So, for the anti crowd there was alot of easy pickins out there.  I was highly vulnerable because I knew Fauci was a fraud and that there was alot of screwing around and very little straight talk.  This whole thing was a scam from the get-go.  So, while there was confusion, it was easy to drive the flock and scatter it.  Those best members of the Church who were mostly anti-vaxxers were the most susceptible.  Due to prevailing attitudes in the Church on vaxxines, this crowd was already marginalized.  But, we were the crowd that would question authority.

So, where did the wolves attack?  And attempt the greatest amount of carnage?  The question of authority.  Succession and lineage.  Did Brigham really have it?  Or was he a murderous SOB, a racist, an authority-usurping pig and sexual deviant?

Any of those assertions can be made and even an attempt might have been made to make that stick.  The problem is that there is scant material to argue it one way or the other.  Inevitably, the average member (without amazing stories of faith at their fingertips of those who lived the Principle), will flounder and succomb to the lies and the baseless poo that has been flung.  Without greater knowledge to refute the claims, the person is powerless.

I know of someone from the DoC camp who says that the line of authority (from Abraham) came through a black line, therefore everything that Brigham did and said made him a racist.  I have heard all the tripe before including that Jesus was black.  That is the next stop on that train.  That flies in the face of all of those who HAVE seen Him and that say that Jesus has the most piercing and BLUE eyes and relatively fair skin.

Folks, he either was very dark complexioned with brown or black eyes - or he was of a fairer complexion with light brown hair and dazzling blue eyes.  I am going to go with the witnesses I have that the latter is the case.

See, I have to count myself worthy for having seen my wife almost be deceived because her BYU "professor" claimed to have irrefutable evidence that Joseph was literally hitting the hay with multiple females other than Emma and that he had fathered all these children by these women (that he was indeed sealed to for eternity - and not necessarily married for time).  It is because of her that I see through all the poo that is flung - because, in the same vein, I had no way at the time to refute the baseless claims against Joseph.  All I could do was state to my wife (at about 90 decibels) that if I had to choose between her and Joseph, I was casting my lot with the Prophet's character.  Yes, I had to go with my gut - and thankfully I had read enough to know that I needed to dismiss the tripe, even though I had no way to form an argument countering it.  Later, I was vindicated with the DNA evidence that proved otherwise and my wife was forced to repent of her (no better word; wickedness or gross unbelief) when she got her ass handed to her as one of those magical gifts of life.

That took nearly two decades.  And I was one patient puppy up until it all unraveled.  The lesson learned there - was do NOT attempt to throw or be party to an under the bus throwing festival of someone of a higher paygrade unless you have some serious stuff to back yourself up with.  Baseless poo does not cut it.  Plain and simple.  Hard, cold facts given by someone with some street cred?  I might entertain it.

Even everyone who attempted to throw President Nelson under the bus last fall all got their asses handed to themselves - and me being the fatty in the group got it the worst.... and it ended up being a good thing for me.  Don't get me wrong, we still have an Isaiah 28 moment coming - but the keys still reside with our current Prophet and the Quorum of the 12 Apostles.  I have personal witness that Dallin H. Oaks will be the next Prophet and that he will take the Church to the NJ.  Which explains why everyone in the posse would give me a blank stare when I would bear my witness that this will be the case.

Until the trash talkers can flee the shadows and prove they have something better that fulfills the words of the Savior, then they need to retreat back into the shadowy holes where they belong - or produce some works showing greater authority.

As I always say:  Show me ONE case where one of these offshoots has ended well and I might entertain the hair-brained remnant concept.  Every single one of them, from Chad Daybell on has ended mildly bad to horribly bad.  They have no merit - and rely on poo flinging to try to set themselves apart.  I don't buy it and will go with the anecdotal evidence (works) to prove them wrong every time.

As my brother always used to say:  The proof is in the pudding....

2 comments:

  1. I believe the best thing we can do to recounter lies and rumors is simply Share our testimony of truth of what we know to be true. Say it and leave it at that.
    And what can the opposer say to that, nothing.
    Also in sharing truth & testimony of what we know to be true, it allows for and gives Opportunity for the Holy Ghost to testify to their heart that what we are sharing is true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really see a difference between what you said and what anti Mormons say. There is a lot of poo in church history. Every one handles it differently. I once heard a saying, "if you spread frosting on poo, it's still poo, it's just poo with frosting on top". You spin it with frosting on top trying to make it look OK. They smear it all around so it really stinks. Either way it's just poo and everyone has to decide.

    ReplyDelete