THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, August 1, 2014

GOING BALD WITH ALL THE STUFF I HEAR THESE DAYS

I have heard a majority of this.  Makes me "pull-my-hair-out" frustrated.

I am also susceptible to much of this flawed thinking......  I wonder how a perfected, "got it all together" Supreme Being must feel.  Is it any wonder He has loosed the reaping angels??  Not to me - in the least.  What the crap hits the oscillator, I will just sit back and watch it and say, "Yep, we deserved every bit of it".

As a parent, I had one of those days yesterday.  While I do not like to spread the discontent, here you go anyway:

Let's see.. What are some of the common refrains we hear today?

"We will never be attacked on our shores." (how quickly we forgot Pearl Harbor, 9/11)


"It won't happen here. We're too insulated and our military too strong."

"The market is at all-time highs. Everything has recovered." (Really?!)

"The church will take care of me."

"Family history and Temple work are for old people."

"We're too busy with soccer games, travel baseball and fishing to hold family home evening."

"If we don't like our current President, we'll just vote for a better one next time."

"Sure, Congress is mostly corrupt but their laws don't affect me."

"The Lord has been warning us about food storage for 70 years. I haven't heard anything about it in General Conference since the 1980s. Maybe it isn't a priority anymore."

"Prepping is for kooks and mollies."

"The government will take care of me if things go bad."

"I can't plant a garden. I don't have room. Besides, I much prefer my lush, green lawn. And my HOA wouldn't approve it anyway."

"God hasn't spoken to a prophet since Moses." (Sorry, couldn't resist. Can you name the LDS politician who said this? Could it possibly be taken out of context?)

"Our military is defending our freedom."

"The terrorists hate us because of our freedom."

"Who cares if the government is watching us?! I have nothing to hide anyway."

"One of the Federal Reserve's primary objectives is to balance target inflation with unemployment." (Fact is, the Federal Reserve has helped facilitate inflation of 98% - destroyed the value of the US dollar - since its creation 101 years ago. And it has no power over unemployment rates.)

"America is a promised land." (Yes. Yes, it is. For those who keep God's commandments. Reread the Book of Mormon for a refresher course on the connection between obedience and freedom)

"Secret combinations?! More kooky stuff my seminary teacher paved over. And my Gospel doctrine teacher completely skips it. So it's probably irrelevant. I believe they probably exist in some form, but they don't affect me anyway, so why should I care? And I don't want to study or know about that dark stuff anyway. I don't want to be a pessimist like our Provident Living Coordinator."

3 comments:

  1. Who is the politician that said "God has not spoken to a prophet since Moses"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. had to be harry reid, right? Wade

    ReplyDelete