THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, December 18, 2022

DEFINITIVE VIDEO ON THE BOOK OF ABRAHAM - SERVODOG007 COMMENTARY

 So, I have a somewhat regular commenter (Servdog007) on the blog and he has put together some very interesting stuff on the origins and authenticity of the Book of Abraham:

 https://youtu.be/D5LjLDkdRfE

I only put this stuff on here because the faithless (those who are not able to have raw spiritual experiences that affirm stuff before the devil strips their testimonies away; or they go to seeking a sign when we have been given so many affirmations) who have chipped away at Brigham Young will soon start in on something like the Book of Abraham and a few other things, which will put the Prophet Joseph squarely in the crosshairs of their illogical and faithless non-sense.  And then, there will be the inconsistencies found in the NT that will put the entire Christian narrative in question (and the OT is a shoe-in for dismissal under so many grounds for the faithless who refuse to give an open-minded analysis to anything they have a natural bias against.

Going back to the lack of raw spiritual experiences.  I will say this.  Those that are not sexually pure (at least to some level, right?!?) will simply not have these experiences.  I am not sure why - other than the sin begins to cloud spiritual adjustment.  This is why the Lord has said that a "wicked and adulterous generation will seek for a sign"  Matthew 12:38-39.  And this is one of my favorite topics, for when I find that a person is struggling in their testimonies, I first dive into their adherence to the Law of Chastity and nearly 100% of the time, it ends with the truth coming forward.

I was talking with my neighbor the other day who is related to the Prete Clan here in Cardston.  Sure enough, talk of improprieties over one of the greatest detractors of the Brethren (in the area) surfaced and the truth came out, exposing one of the very things this individual was railing against the Brethren for, he himself was involved in as a (former) Bishop in N. Alberta.  To be clear, it was not one from the Prete clan - but one who was related by marriage.  I did not seek this information out.  It just came to me - and boy, what a timely revelation, as I had asked that this individual's folly be made manifest.  Not to condemn him, but to put his actions in the proper light and perspective.  My prayer was partially answered.  There will be more to come as details of divorces, etc come to light over time.  I do not have to be right every time, but I like to prove the Savior's words so that the next schmuck that comes along bad-mouthing Joseph or Jesus or even BY, I can gently remind them that they are seeking a sign and to go repent or repent more fully of their fornicatious or adulterous actions.

So, when folks set themselves up as a light and place themselves over the Lord's anointed, I just sit back and wait.  As with John C. Bennet, the truth inevitably comes out and it makes the accuser out for the laughing stock that they are.  God is Great - in the end, God and His economy always win out, while the devil and those who push that agenda always come out on the short end of the schtick...




2 comments:

  1. You as a huge BY guy has to admit he made some mistakes. I believe he was Prophet of God as well, but as a mortal was susceptible to error at times. I have always been confused about the Adam/God thing, and some of his polygamy stances. The fact that future Prophets outright condemn them.That certainly can bring up concerns. What’s your take? This isn’t a gotcha, it’s an actual question I wrestle with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After counseling with many, I see the same issue, struggling testimony usually indicates a law od chastity issue. There are blessings directly tied to keeping certin covenants. The same as I see a drought (that I want to research more on, which might interest you too.) Is almost directly related to child amd sexual abuse.

    ReplyDelete