THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

HANS ULRICH BRYNER - THE BLIND PIONEER WHO WALKED ACROSS THE PLAINS

 So, my wife and I are delving into our shared Swiss ancestry (and her father's Swiss missionary experience) as we talk about a future visit to Switzerland - now that we can finally travel again and the dollar is worth something against the international currencies.  We have both been finding amazing conversion stories among our Swiss ancestors that involve miraculous healing and also a non-healing story where this faithful ancestor of mine was given the gift of NOT having a miracle.  In this gift, he was allowed to see the future of going to Zion.  Yes, that Zion that included the "debauchery" of polygamy (1850's Utah).

He literally was shown in vision the missionary that would come to teach them and eventually lead them to Utah - wherein Hans, as a polygamist (he married a second woman in Utah who had been twice-widowed, and then proceeded to have 10 additional children with her) was able to live out a remarkable life and accomplish amazing things that had me weeping over his faithfulness.

So, for my post-1834 throw-it-all-under-the-bus, Brigham Young NoPolyMos friends who may be reading this rag, I would like to present exhibit X to the nth power....  Here is the problem.  When you throw Brigham under the bus, you throw Eliza R. Snow and even this Hans Ulrich Bryner ancestor of mine (that I had forgotten about until I was talking to my wife and I managed to remember his name that my Mother had taught me about over 40 years ago).  Which quick internet search led me to this:

https://latterdaysaintmag.com/the-amazing-blind-pioneer-who-walked-across-the-plains/

Folks - how can this testimony be denied?!?

As I say, it takes some form of mental illness (even if it is just extreme or blind rage over this shit shot debacle) in order to chuck it all away.

My response and conclusion to it all?

Repent.  Shube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment