THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, May 6, 2022

THE ROD OF AARON AND THE MENORAH

 So, I just live for jewels like this.  If you type “rod of Aaron” in the search box of the upper left corner of the blog, you will get a ton of information on this topic.

I brought this topic up during a Primary class on Moses crossing the Red Sea as a test for the adults to see who the Pharisees are, and sure enough, I got the desired results.  They outed themselves beautifully and predictably.  I use this blog to do the same thing with certain people.  Say inflammatory stuff.  Hear them squawk just to "poke the bear".  Sure enough...  

After I was called out for teaching false doctrine, I then schooled them with a statement by a member of the First Presidency under two different Prophets and then simultaneous church historian for 21 years.  He was quite the guy.

The fact that these folks are in positions of teaching children is troubling…. We need spiritual giants in those roles.  Not nincompoops...  Usually I ask questions before frying someone.  Find out where they are at.  That is how we actually learn stuff in life!

So yeah…

Here is another statement referencing the almond tree as being similar to the Tree of Life from the Garden of Eden and ties it to the Menorah.  My wife and I almost donated a half ounce of gold to that modern menorah project.  I really kind of regret not doing it.  It would be WAY cool to have a physical tie to the temple that Jesus goes into I am sure after the Mount of Olives event.  Sure, there is tithing and all, but this is totally at a new level:


The Menorah in the Tabernacle


In the current CFM section, we read about the different furniture of the Tabernacle (and later, the Temple in Jerusalem).  I'd like to focus on the Menorah in particular.  Let's read about it in Exodus 37:17-24:


And he (Bezaleel, of the tribe of Judah, a skilled metalworker) made the candlestick of pure gold: of beaten work made he the candlestick; his shaft, and his branch, his bowls, his knops, and his flowers, were of the same.  And six branches going out of the sides thereof; three branches of the candlestick out of the one side thereof, and three branches of the candlestick out of the other side thereof.  Three bowls made after the fashion of almonds in one branch, a knop and a flower; and three bowls made like almonds in another branch, a knop and a flower: so throughout the six branches going out of the candlestick.  And in the candlestick were four bowls made like almonds, his knops, and his flowers.  And a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, and a knop under two branches of the same, according to the six branches going out of it.  Their knops and their branches were of the same: all of it was one beaten work of pure gold.  And he made his seven lamps, and his snuffers, and his snuffdishes, of pure gold.  Of a talent of pure gold made he it, and all the vessels thereof.


Basically, the "candlestick" or Menorah was made in the fashion of an almond tree, with two "flowers" on the furthest branches.  It was a symbolic representation of the Tree of Life, in the midst of the Tabernacle.  Its light was the "light that breaks forth in darkness" of Creation.


But there's much more to it than that.  Flip over and read through all of Zechariah 4:


And the angel that talked with me came again, and waked me, as a man that is wakened out of his sleep.  And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all of gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which are upon the top thereof.  And two olive trees by it, one upon the right side of the bowl, and the other upon the left side thereof.


So I answered and spake to the angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my lord?  Then the angel that talked with me answered and said unto me, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.


Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.  Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto you.  For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the Lord, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

Then answered I, and said unto him, What are these two olive trees upon the right side of the candlestick and upon the left side thereof?  And I answered again, and said unto him, What be these two olive branches which through the two golden pipes empty the golden oil out of themselves?  And he answered me and said, Knowest thou not what these be? And I said, No, my lord.  Then said he, These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.


There's a lot going on, here.  Firstly...we can recognize the description of the Menorah from Exodus 37, but what about the two "olive trees" on either side of the Menorah?


There was no instruction included in the description of the Tabernacle furniture on where to store the oil used to light the Menorah.  But we know anciently from other sources that there were two pillars made out of olive wood, placed on either side of the Menorah, that held the oil.


We're told that these two "olive trees" symbolize the two "anointed ones" who stand by "the Lord of the whole earth."  In other words, the Menorah itself represents the Lord - Jesus, who is the light of the world.  It ALSO represents the Church (per Revelation 1; compare the seven "eyes of the Lord" here in Zech. 4 with the angels to the seven churches in Rev. 1).


That means that the two "olive trees" represent the two witnesses, and they provide the oil - the prophetic word of God that gives light/vision - that keeps the Church, as it were, alight, during the last 3 1/2 years in Jerusalem (cf. Rev. 11:1-6).


Compare the parable of the ten virgins in Matthew 25:1-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment