THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, May 16, 2022

NEFARIOUS - I DO NOT THINK YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS....

Words mean something.  When spoken by a perfect Being, we need to pay attention.  When spoken by a mere mortal, we need to give a bunch of slack - because in many instances, we have no idea what their meanings are (either those giving or those receiving the words or both).


When the member of the Bishopric called my statements about the Rod of Aaron "nefarious" in front of the Bishop (who is a Social Studies teacher and likely really does understand word meanings more than a math/numbers guy like me), I highly doubt the Counselor knew the real meaning of the word.  Certainly, he had not read the hand-written words that the original revelation came out in, let alone the Book of Commandments and then the early editions of the D&C that contained the same or similar words/wording. 

Wicked is not exactly what I would use for someone when laying down the truth, when that is all they love.  Maybe if I were actually trying to tear down the faith of someone or corrupt a little kid (maybe like the public screwel system with teaching 4 year olds about sex education/masturbation, etc), that would be nefarious.  But the whole Rod of Aaron vs the Gift of Aaron?  Nah.

Anyway - I looked up the definition of several words today for work because words do indeed mean something and I thought later that I would dive a little deeper into the meaning of that particular word.  I was under the impression that it was something along the lines of "bad" or something way more soft than the actual Webster meaning.  Here is what ole Webster defines it as:


Very interesting.  Very harsh:  "degenerate, iniquitous, vicious"?  Possibly a little degenerate or iniquitous (in some form or another), but vicious?  I really do not think I have a mean bone in my body, though I confess to kicking our rather persistent can when constantly tries to sneak in the house...  Highly reprehensible?  That seems like a very high bar (or low bar, as the case might be) to clear.  Villainous is a whole new story.  Can I be like the Joker from Batman?  He is villainous.  And admittedly, I am kind of a joker...

Interesting....

Thankfully, I had a medical reason to not attend to my calling on Sunday.  I am not sure I would want someone who is vicious, iniquitous or degenerate or wicked or criminal being anywhere around the four year old kids in Primary... let alone anywhere on the premises.  So it was probably for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment