THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, September 11, 2020

THE ALL IS WELL IN ZION CROWD ARE THE TARES


 I have bumped into MANY here in Cardston who are the ALL IS WELL IN ZION crowd.  There are several who are outright apostates.  Some wolves in sheep’s clothing, lying in wait to deceive and devour.

But, if you want a succinct definition of who the tares are from a prophet of the Lord, read the last few sentences of this quote:


5 comments:

  1. It appears that “With no warning, no last-minute preparation is possible,” comes from “Faith Precedes the Miracle,” chapter 23, page 253. I couldn’t even find the phrase “days of Noah” in the book (I have a digital copy and did a keyword search). My guess is that the meme is a collection of little sayings spread all over the place in his talks and writings, but he never said that full meme quote all at once. Thus, it may not fully reflect his teachings on the subject. Sadly, this meme quote isn’t even all from the same book, let alone the same chapter, or better yet, the same paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So... He did not say, that there will be no warning to the membership of the Church?

      Delete
  2. I love this quote, and have posted it a few times on FB myself, but I've had more and more people point out that Spencer W. Kimball did NOT say this...portions of this quote can be found on record, as the previous commenter pointed out, but alas, this doesn't appear to be an accurate reporting of anything actually said. As much as I would dearly love for a prophet of God to have said these exact words, I think those of us trying to raise the warning cry have a responsibility to fact-check, and make sure our sources are accurate...passing around false quotes, as much as we want them to be true, hurts our credibility in the long run. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete