THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2023

HIGHLY FAVORED OF THE LORD

 Great quote that I lifted off of FB with no attribution other than it is not mine:

Last night as I was reading in the New Testament, I noted that the angel Gabriel told Mary she was "highly favored" of the Lord. That stuck out at me, and eventually I was reminded that "Hannah" and "John / Johannan" mean exactly that phrase: "highly favored of the Lord". It is an unusual phrase in the scriptures - it only occurs 7 times (aside from the names) in the Book of Mormon, and once in the Bible that I can find.

Then, as I pondered that, I remembered that Hannah's situation in the Old Testament is remarkable in a couple of ways that tie directly to the Savior.

First, her son Samuel was dedicated to the Lord completely from his very youngest years. While not exactly the same method, the Savior also was dedicated completely to God from His youngest years.

Second, Hannah was called "favored" because she had been blessed when she was barren. Her child's birth was prophesied, as Mary's child's birth was prophesied.

And third, Hannah's psalm after learning that she would have a child is the first instance in the Old Testament that overtly discusses the coming Messiah.

I believe that the angel used this phrase with Mary to reinforce his statement about Who this new baby was going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment