THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, March 20, 2022

MORE BLAH, BLAH BLAH ON POLYGAMY

 If ever there was a dead horse topic, this is it.  And it is amply beaten to death....  People go round and round about it but I have been led line upon line to believe in it or to at least be open to it.  Here is my portion of a fakelook thread on it:

I have gained a testimony of the Principle long ago and look forward to living the full Law of Consecration on the near future. Possibly the next life.
  • Polygamy has everything to do with Consecration.  My wife and I had our middle child taken at nine months to perform a mission on the other side. We quit mourning over time and gave him over to the Lord.
    My wife developed mental illness from that and other life stressors (child sexual abuse), in my frustration, I was mistreating her when she was accusing me of things I was not doing when our young girls reached the age she was when the trauma occurred. After calling the cops and CPS to clear my name, I threw her out of the house because I could not live with her under the same roof.  Through the next few months, I was clearly shown that; if I did not treat her right, she would be given to another far more worthy of her. That it was her that was far above me and chose her trials to perfect her. I learned the true meaning of the ten talents parable. Consecration. When we put it all on the altar, the Lord magnifies us. We all live well below our means.
    2
  • Mr Wood Zone, I am so sorry for your loss. I dont know what to say, other than I pray that angels abide in your home always and may you be blessed with continual comfort and peace. God bless you both ❤❤❤❤ Thanks for sharing your perspective.
  • Mr Wood Zone, do you think polygamy is important for living in the celestial kingdom and why? Why should a man have multiple wives? I don't understand why it's the law of consecration? It appear as if only the women have to live that law and not the man in a sense. Do you mind explaining your thought more on this ðŸ˜Š
  • I cannot say for certain just that the Lord has led us line upon line and has made my wife and I aware of some women that I will be sealed to through the eternities. Nothing going on in this life…
    My mother was very against Section132 and all that. She often told my dad that he was not to remarry if she went first. Right after the funeral of our SIDS kid, I told my mother she was next in line to go, in about six months. She died one week shy of six months, about two weeks shy of Thanksgiving that year. The night our kid died, I had an AMAZING dream wherein he said goodbye and I was shown that there would be a sign of comfort for his grieving mother and it was related to turkey. Six weeks later, my mother appeared with my son to my father in his room at night on Christmas Eve. My father related the experience the next day to me after I had just finished de-boning the Christmas turkey...  My mother said she was “wrong; it is different over here”. She then told my dad that should he find a suitable companion, that he should carry out the rest of his days in a non-lonely state. He eventually did and was sealed to a second woman for his remaining 14 years. He is what I call a “linear polygamist”. In the spirit of Consecration, I give my wife over to her greatest joy and if I go first and she finds someone that loves her better, she goes with him. She does the same for me. In a truly consecrated state, the needs of our brothers and sisters come before our own. Self is given away to the Lord and we allow Him to decide instead of acting in our own interests. No
    2
  • Mr Wood Zone, I understand the concept of multiple companions for this earthly life. I wouldn't want my husband to be alone if I died. I don't wish that on anyone. I'm just wondering if its necessary for entry into the celestial kingdom.
    2
  •  Mr Wood zone, it also gets complicated if a women is married to more than one man, what happens then? Is it poly relationships of all kinds or only polygamy and why?
  • yes, this is the question. Is it a requirement? I am not sure. It is not a symmetric law - and this is where the rub is for most women that I know; and I totally get it. I would not like to be asking the questions from the other side of the equation.... I tend to think that all things are equal and that there will be NO inequities on the other side. All things will be made right, etc. I know that we should NEVER have to sever ties of those we love whether with children or spouses. Whether the man or the wife is sealed to more than one person. We all should have a fair shake. Should we have to choose? Possibly. If you remove the sexual component, I think it becomes a MASSIVELY different ballgame. We, by nature of this fallen world (with hormones and greedy eyes, etc) are jealous of what we gotten ahold of - so it is natural to grab onto something and be overly protective of it (houses, land, spouses, material possession, children even). When you remove scarcity from the equation and you replace jealousy or greed with the Pure Love of Christ and Consecration - the whole field of play is changed in an instant. But it takes a herculean effort to get to that point.
  • (Mr Wood Zone) on the second question about polyandry, I would not be surprised if it exists. My wife took a class early on in our married years at BYU and it dealt with plural marriages of Joseph. The prof was a radical feminist and was excommunicated for her teachings that Joseph was sowing his seed all over the place including loving on a 14 year old, Fanny Mae Alger and that all of these kids these women had pre-1844 were his. Truth is, NONE were and likely all of these unions were non-sexual in nature. He was sealed to tons of men, too. Post-humously, he was sealed to over 2,000 women who hitched their wagons to him. It is all about getting access to the highest blessings in God's kingdom, so the short answer is that this may be a requirement? Just not sure at this point. Some things may not be answered in this life. I DO KNOW that we need to have humility and just accept Father's will, whatever it is.
  •  Mr Wood Zone, out of everybody here that supports polygamy, you sir, have the best answer. I like the thoughtfulness you put in and the open ended nature. I much prefer an answer that builds on universal principles such as equality and choice rather than "because God wants it that way". I still don't necessarily agree but I can appreciate your perspective and see how it makes sense for polygamy to exist in some fashion. I still don't think it's necessary as we determine worthiness.
  • Wow, I find polyandry fascinating, and the fact that he sealed himself to men as well. The fact though that he seems to be the only who did so raises some questions. That and the fact we aren't still sealing ourselves to dead prophets means, to me, that we don't understand and we didn't back then either. Almost seems like people were just experimenting and seeing what sticks, or doing things for "just in case".
    2
  •  (Mr Wood Zone) Yes, I know it does not matter other than it is my will. Part of my journey at arriving at my less-than-popular opinion of marriage is that the Spirit whispered to me while on my mission that I was talking to one of the daughters (progeny) of Jesus. Of course, I was like, "What?!? Jesus was married?!? Jesus had kids?!?" From there, I learned that he not only had one wife, but he had at least three wives and many many children.  Read a book called "Mormonisms Holy Grail".   Line upon line, the Lord led me/us to the reality of where we are now including when the sister missionaries were over at our house a decade ago and we were talking to them (my wife and I) and the Spirit was there in spades as we discussed the topic and we were all told simultaneously by the Spirit that she would be part of "us" at some point in the future. We all just looked at each other in bewilderment and then each asked what everyone else felt. It was amazing - a Day of Pentecost moment with what I described as the Rushing of Winds. We never saw her again but have talked about it since. I would never attempt any of that in this life because I can barely handle the logistics of telestial living with one wife, kids, house, blah blah blah. But, the Spirit does not lie to me. Never has. So I just treasure it up and marvel at what the Lord has in store for those who are faithful and who are willing to not throttle themselves back - but accept all that He has in store for us.

1 comment:

  1. Jesus could NOT have left any progeny on this earth. Their grandfather would have been Elohim and he would have passed on genes of immortality to them as he did to Jesus Christ.This world is occupied by normal MORTALS, except for Jesus Christ and the translated mortals allowed to continue their labors on this earth.

    ReplyDelete