THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

A WOMAN WILL HAVE HER CHOICE

 This is absolute fact!:

“The Prophet Joseph Smith often referred to the feelings that should exist between husbands and wives, that they, his wives, should be his bosom companions, the nearest and dearest objects on earth in every sense of the word. He said men should beware how they treat their wives, that they were given them for a holy purpose, that the myriads of spirits waiting for taberenancles might have pure and healthy bodies. He also said many would awake on the morning of the resurrection sadly disappointed; for they, by transgression would have neither wives nor children, for they surely would be taken from them and given to those who should prove themselves worthy. Again he said, a woman would have her choice; this was the privilege that could not be denied her.” (They Knew the Prophet, pg’s 157-158).

For the male who thinks it is all about unlimited sex in some orgiastic setting or even somewhat less crass, he is mistaken.  A male of that calibre will be passed over as something of naught by a woman who merits the blessings of being able to move up as far as she has the ability.  The woman is to be cherished and basically put on a pedestal by her man.  A good woman will not take advantage of this, and the divinely-appointed roles will be revealed.  Another great quote/testimony for the DoCers out there who deny that polygamy was ever a thing with Joseph or that it was just a construct of BY:

“It was near dawn after another sleepless night when my room was lighted up by a heavenly influence. My soul was filled with a calm sweet peace that I never knew. Supreme happiness took possession of me and I received a powerful and irresistible testimony of the truth of Plural Marriage, which has been like an anchor to the soul through all the trials of life. I felt that I must go out into the morning air and give vent to the joy and gratitude that filled my soul. As I descended the stairs, President Smith opened the door below, took me by the hand and said, “Thank God, you have the testimony. I too have prayed.” the first day of May 1843, I consented to become the Prophet’s wife, and was sealed to him for time and eternity at his own house by Elder William Clayton.
Today I have but one regret which is that I have not been a more worthy representative of the principle of Plural Marriage, and that I have not lived a more perfect life. I can also state that Emma Smith was present and did consent to Eliza and Emily Partridge, also Maria and Sara Lawrence being sealed to her husband.”

Letter by Lucy Walker Smith, Church Archives

2 comments:

  1. "The woman is to be cherished and basically put on a pedestal by her man." This is poppycock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://josephsmithfoundation.org/lucy-walker/

    ReplyDelete