THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, February 10, 2023

MORE ON THE WICKED AND ADULTEROUS GENERATION AND SIGN SEEKERS

So, my wife and I were having a chat about an old acquaintance and how she has gone off the deep end in regards to the Gospel.  She, like my wife, is a returned missionary and was the wife of a man who was in a prominent position in an old ward in Seattle.  I am not sure how they got on the subject (maybe it was one of those girl confession themes), but this gal intimated to my wife that she and a foster kid  that the parents had brought into the home, had fooled around when they were in their teens.  The implication is that it was full-blown sexual relations.

I am pretty sure she would have confessed this to the Bishop prior to going on a mission, but only God knows if true sorrow for sin existed and whether true repentance in her heart had occurred.  I think anyone can repent of anything.  Whether we backslide over our lives remains to be seen.  I have come to the conclusion that there is little true repentance in many situations.  People may tell their Bishop the dirty, dark situations they have gotten themselves into, but true repentance involves a "mighty change of heart".  I think this change is the exception and not the rule.  This would definitely apply to me where I have made mis-steps; so there might be some projection involved in my analysis, and not just pure observation.

Anyway - yes, so now this gal has asked my wife to not send her anything about the Book of Mormon and other churchy things - indicating where she is spiritually.

The question I have to ask myself is whether a majority of the people out there that go off the deep end, even accusing the Brethren of improprieties where there aren't any, if they have a hidden set of circumstances like this gal did.  I mean, come on, sex with the foster kid???  It could be willful sex with the step-dad and so much else.  Anything is possible, especially these days.  But, in the end, I am sure the person will write it off as rape (saying something like:  my foster kid house mate who was two years older took advantage of me and raped me).  This short circuits the repentance process because there is not accountability for the consensual nature of the liaison.  I am just doing a "for-instance"; and yes, there is legitimate rape out there.  Statutory or otherwise - and it should not be trivialized.

Anyway, yes it is a very fascinating topic and one of the more poignant topics as we all are sexual beings, as programmed by a God who has given us the very commandment to procreate; but only under the circumstances He has proscribed.  One of the two delegated God-given powers that must be handled with kid gloves or never used at all; the powers to give and take life.  Taking life only to sustain (food) or to defend that which is sacred and dear (our wives and children).  Only giving life within a union that allows for the nurturing of children and proper rearing of them.  We all know what happens when this is not the case, we have a Jerry Springer Show situation going on.  We all know how beautiful a well-run family is and the opposite power that it has in producing stable and productive adults that are not hobbled by divorce, addiction and dysfunction.  The very thing ole Scratch just loves since he will never have a body nor enjoy those powers, except vicariously through dysfunctional people who serve him on this side of the veil.

So, to recap.  Yes, for every single one of the folks that take a massive detour of life, I have to think back on my wife's friend and question if they have one of those looming elephants in the room that was never properly resolved.  It is a pure fluke that I was made aware of that single situation - so I have to wonder about other parallel situations.

And my final comment is that these weird sexual liaisons that occur (whether between siblings just playing doctor) or a serious situation between a younger person and someone in a trusted position (such as clergy or teaching or parenting) has the ability to create untold damage to the psyche of the victim.  Thus the injunction to not harm the innocence of a little one - or a person will pay an eternal debt that they (and possibly even the Savior) likely is not going to be able or willing to step up and pay the debt on.

So to the trannies out there in the schools recruiting fresh meat for their sick culture, you can pretty much go straight to hell - and please do not stop for your $200.  The very God of Love likely is not going to pay out on that debt....

No comments:

Post a Comment