THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, July 31, 2015

INDIANAPOLIS TEMPLE - OPEN HOUSE RIGHT NOW

We were able to meet many people who came from all over.  We told them we were on the epic family tour and that we are at 4300 miles on the trip odometer.  We should finish out at about 7000 miles.

I noted that there were 8 pointed stars on the decor (to one of the ladies assisting in the temple) and mentioned that I had just found out that they represent Melchizedek, just as the six-pointed star represents Judah.  I was gently corrected (when I asked if that was not indeed the case), that a visiting GA had been asked the same question and this patron was told that it was a mere decoration.  So, back to the drawing board on that notion.  I will find some more info and pass it along.  I do not like passing along false info - and try to correct as much as I can.  I blogged it after visiting the San Diego Temple where it is extremely prevalent.

Lovely temple!  The spire reminded me of the lighthouse/library at Alexandria.  I was told by the assisting brethren that it was modeled after the Soldier's and Sailor's Monument in Indianapolis:



Here is the Temple:

http://www.ldstemple.pics/store/indianapolis-temple-pastel-sunset/

Indianapolis Temple Pastel Sunset Print

4 comments:

  1. When I attended the San Diego Temple open house I felt then, as I do now, that the seal of Melchizedek was there as an homage to Christ and the priesthood power being on the earth now, as it was with Seth after the flood. Symbols, like words are important for the concepts conveyed.
    The museum under the Soldiers and Sailors monument is a real treat - if it's still open to the public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right, the eight pointed star is, in fact, the symbol of Melchizedek. There's an interesting article in Meridian Magazine about it. Hugh Nibley said it was Melchizedek's seal. There's even a website: SealofMelchizedek.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not be deterred in finding meaning in symbols. I spoke with a sealer who said the things people think are symbols in the temple are merely decorations created by the manufacturer. The spirit immediately told me this is not true. If this is what the church is thinking the temple is about that everything is just made for cutesy decorations than they are in deed bringing Isaiah 1 to pass. These symbols indeed have meaning. The whole temple experience is a type and symbol directing you to greater things. The Israelites also disregarded the types and symbols of their temples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Seal of Melchizedek in the San Diego Temple comes to mind.

      Delete