THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, November 9, 2022

MORE RELIC TALK

 Great comment from Arnold:

It is interesting how people had faith in certain objects to heal. I wonder where these canes are now? Regimented order as to how to heal with oil and blessing seems a bit different from the way things used to be. Has there been a loss of faith in these things by the Church leadership? Maybe it was considered to be passe and too much like the evangelical culture. I have read in the apocrypha accounts of the stories of Jesus as child in Egypt, where even the water Jesus was bathed in could be used for healing people. I am at a point where I have to question everything that comes from Church Leadership past and present. I look to those who were tutored by Joseph to be closer to understanding the source. It wasn't until that link was broken by those who came after, gave into compromising. Elder Widtsoe in a previous post would have us pay 10% of all our income as a tithe, contrary to what Joseph had prescribed. People will say; well, Elder such and such, said this or that, and after that you don't need to consider it. It is all settled. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everything could be that easily set, we would not need to be challenged. It is also interesting the rough talk, some may call it, also would come from Joseph in case anyone has not been paying attention. D&C 101 shows what the Lord thinks, not Joseph, what happens to a wicked government that should abuse the people, is outer-darkness - meaning they are sons of Perdition as far as I can tell, verse 91, real scary stuff if Mittens Romney and many others were paying attention. I'm sure there would many faithful members would be offended with that, particularly the younger members of the Church.

I have to say, Arnold that I would like to meet you sometime and have a chat.  We think alot alike just from your regular commentary on this blog.  Second, yes I wonder about this.  People who have a fulness in their Priesthood (from EJ Wood to Iohanni Wolfgramm to HCK and many others), seem to have demonstrated the ability to heal remotely by blessing a piece of cloth and then putting it in the mail to a sick recipient.  This is a pattern.  Most Melchizedek Priesthood holders cannot bless to heal in person, let alone on some remote regimen.

I have given one remote blessing to a person I had never met before.  They were kind of in a bind and I knew this person had faith to achieve the desired blessing, so it was a no-brainer.  She had been seeking a marriage partner for years and was given counsel to step outside her rigid checklist and let the Spirit guide her.  Within a year, she was married to a guy who was outside her parameters, but whom I think will do very well by her.  My wife and I were able to attend her reception, a very happy day for me as she deserved a good man.

More on Arnold's comment, Iohanni Wolfgramm was called as the Church Healer by President Kimball, who has always had a soft spot for those in the Islands.  Iohanni had a fulness of his Priesthood and also had a personal visitation by the Savior (I get the idea that the two go hand in hand).  I have talked to his assistant and they had a gallon jug of consecrated olive oil on hand that would be used to give numerous blessings during hours they kept on weeknights.  He said they would often have 20-30 cars lined up outside the house as people streamed in for some relief.  Imagine!

I am not sure what happened to him after President Kimball was out of the picture.  I am not even sure there is an official calling in the Church today for such a thing.  But it was his custom to heal people as far away as Canada or Europe when the request was made.  I do know that he was later restricted by an unscrupulous Stake President to only give blessings within the Stake boundaries.  Probably one who did not have the same abilities and likely was jealous when reports got back to him - so Iohanni knuckled down, probably realizing that this is just part of the prophesied wickedness that would lead to our destruction generally (and hopefully this SP specifically).  A SP holds the power to excommunicate locally, and if you do not have any strings you can pull above him, you are kind of screwed if you are interested in getting your status in the earthly kingdom back.

We have an amazing SP here in Cardston, but there is a piece of work above him who is part of the medical mafia and basically has declared you a tare if you do not subscribe to the medical tyranny, which the best people I know of, were driven out of the Church because of BS like that.  What a sad waste that could have gone so much better.  Most are never going to come back because of injustices heaped on them by people who should know better than to fully embrace satan's ideology.  So, if you hold any other view than basically what is given from the top, you are kind of screwed.  This is where I have some modicum of compassion and why I basically trust no one from those that are still pushing the ridiculous notion that this is "safe and effective" to those who are pushing the "be a good global citizen" non-sense to those who are pushing the global warming (Agenda 2030) BS.  It is all counterfeit.

The d'evil always has his counterfeits.  It was declared millennia ago that the ice would flow down at His presence and that the earth would become a Garden of Eden during the Millennium.  I am yet to imagine myself in a loin cloth sneaking around the Garden and eating tropical fruit while it is the same temps as it is in Alberta right now (-20F with windchill).  So yeah, this current warming trend was all foreseen.  To attempt to thwart any notion that God could have gotten it right, the devil comes out with a ridiculous cover story to try and explain the upward trend in temps away.  Sorry, devil.  You and your minions are going to have to concede just like you will have to concede on other viciously-fought contests like the Jews never having inhabited Jerusalem (in that really pathetic attempt to try to obscure the Biblical narrative).

I happen to go with facts and data - and simply dismiss those who have given all their backing to a (sometimes completely) false and failed narrative.  Those who have done so either have no gift of discernment, no wisdom, simply lack the Spirit or (worst-case) simply are spawn of satan as they push his ridiculous agenda.  It has to be one of those.

And to tie this all together, those chumps could use a good caning.  Possibly with a holy relic that might do some good in healing them of their spiritual stupidity....

 

1 comment:

  1. I think when it comes to healing, i think it is mainly faith based. I have had the gift of healing all of my life, i have seen some miraculous events and healings. Usually i ask the person before hand if they believe the savior can heal them. That seemed to often move the needle and bless them with more faith and me with more power. I guess you can call that my stick so to speak. So i think there are expressions of faith and tools often help like you are talking about. I have read other accounts where leaders bishops and SP have blessed blankets, and cloth etc when they were in a pinch and the person was still healed . I have also given blessing remotely and they have worked. For that matter i blew a rod in my truck way back in the day, i was in the middle of now where. I commanded my truck to work and get me to closes gas station still many miles away and it worked. I got to a gas station and then it totally crapped out, this was back before Cell phones so it was important......

    Some other amazing inspirations to me with healing are Ephraim Hanks and Matthew Cowley. Ephraim raised many from the dead and could heal anyone, he also had an amazing gift of prophesying. He saived the saints dozens of times by these 2 gifts. Reseach his life it is amazing. Couple books out on him. Ephs Rescuse movie does not do justice to this amazing man.

    Seconly Enjoy this talk by Matthew Cowley. Amazing man and Apostle. Love him https://speeches.byu.edu/talks/matthew-cowley/miracles/

    ReplyDelete