THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

A CRITIC'S NIGHTMARE - EVIDENCES OF THE BOOK OF MORMON

Occasionally, I come across someone that would like me to prove that the Book of Mormon is true. If they are a believer in the Bible (which I am - and not just the parts that are convenient to believe, but ALL of of it), then I remind them to pursue their intellectual critique of the Book of Mormon with the same latitude and slack that they would like non-believers of the Bible to give that fine work. Slowly evidences are coming to light that are shining very favorable light on the Bible. The same applies to the Book of Mormon. Here is a great link that sheds light on some common critics' traps they like to set for believers in the Book of Mormon (I remember hearing most of these growing up - and it is fun to see them shot down):



http://www.jefflindsay.com/BMEvidences.shtml#metal

Hopefully, people will just take the book and actually read it. It is amazing how many people are arm-chair critics and have never read it for them selves. I suppose finding out that something is true might precipitate the possibility of change in one's life to conform to new and enlarging truth - and that change is always frightening when we have to give up our alcohol, sex outside of marriage, coffee, an entire culture of service of our fellow-man, true Sabbath day worship, and an entire host of other things that our current set of dictates allow in our current less-lofty perch.

No comments:

Post a Comment